Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year’s Resolutions with Werner Herzog

Good interview with the always intriguing Werner Herzog. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"I want to be involved. I want to shape and sculpt, to stage things, to intrude and invent. I want to be a film director. I was the only person at the festival arguing against these morons. . . . I couldn’t take it any longer. I grabbed a microphone and said, “I’m no fly on the wall. I am the hornet that stings.” There was an immediate uproar, so not having anything more to say, I shouted out, “Happy New Year, losers.” And that was that."


 “Those who read own the world. Those who watch television lose it.”

To read full article:
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/making-new-years-resolutions-werner-herzog


No comments:

Post a Comment